In this section we would like to tell you how to chose the translation agency, what you should give to the manager upon ordering a translation and what you can count on in the final end.
When you order a translation on a common subject and do not fix the end terms, in 90 per cent of cases you are going to get a well-done translation, certainly, if you deal with the translation agency which have entered the translation service market seriously and for a long time and makes its best efforts for you to get a high-quality translation.
In the translation service market nowadays only 1 or 2 persons out of 100, calling themselves ‘translators’ and offering their services, in fact do high-quality translations in a certain sector. Everybody knows that it makes no sense to run a risk and order translations from private translators, particularly those offering their services everywhere on the Internet. Professional translators do not advertise themselves, they are readily employed by any agency.
Therefore, you addressed an agency. Let us give you a piece of advice to avoid misunderstanding upon making an order:
- Ask, whether the translators skilled in your subject are free (and when they will get free). Sometimes it does make sense to wait a couple of days so that to be sure of the fact that your translation will be done by an expert in a required sector.
- If the text is rather big, ask the manager to send you 2 or 3 pages of done translation (draft) as soon as the translator does them. You will be able to coordinate the terminology and to indicate the required formatting.
- If you have previously done translations, you ought to give 2 or 3 pages of them to the manager as an example, for it will be difficult to make use of a big translation. It would be perfect if you could present a glossary so that the translator knew your requirements as to terminology. Each company has its own demands and it is impossible to guess them.
- Present a list of all proper names with their correct spelling in the target language.
- If you are satisfied with the quality of translation and you intend to continue cooperation with this agency, ask the manager to assign one or two translators which have already done your translations to you. Usually the managers do it by themselves, but they will not inform you if your translator is busy or away.
- The managers, translators and editors make their best efforts to do a well-done translation, but your participation in the process will minimize the risk of getting poorly done translation.
Visit our cookie page, we will be glad to see you!