AventA Translation Company is happy to offer simultaneous interpretation services for the following events and materials:
- Seminars and conferences
- Sessions and official meetings
- Simultaneous movies/video clips interpretation
What Is Simultaneous Interpretation?
When placing the order for simultaneous interpretation, you should know the difference between sequential interpretation and simultaneous interpretation.
In simultaneous interpretation the interpreter formulates the message in the target language as quickly as he/she can do it from the source language, while the source-language speaker continuously speaks. The interpreter uses special acoustic equipment (such as sound-proof booths, headphones, etc.).
If you need an interpreter for escorting you during a business meeting or negotiations, you should use sequential interpretation services. In sequential interpretation the speech is divided into segments, and the interpreter renders a part of or the entire message when the speaker pauses or finishes speaking. The interpreter does not need to use any equipment.
Simultaneous Interpretation Characteristics
- Simultaneous interpretation is mainly performed by two interpreters working by turns as it is extremely difficult to stay concentrated for 6-8 hours. Therefore, a simultaneous interpreter cannot work for more than 3-3.5 hours without any breaks.
- Simultaneous interpretation services are generally priced by the day, not by the hour. Simultaneous interpretation requires using special equipment. If you do not have any special equipment, please see Simultaneous Interpretation Equipment Hire section.
How Much Are Simultaneous Interpretation Services?
Simultaneous interpretation is the most difficult kind of interpreting. In addition to excellent language skills, it requires quick reaction, resourcefulness and mental stability.
All these make a simultaneous interpreter’s services much more expensive than those of a sequential interpreter. Find out more about our prices on Prices page.
Please remember to provide the following information to the project manager
- Source and target languages
- Number of interpreters required
- Subject of interpretation and the event-related materials
- Time and place of the event
- Your contact details
- Equipment availability
Source and Target Languages
AventA offers simultaneous interpretation services from/into the following languages:
If you need simultaneous interpretation for any other languages, please contact the project manager for details.
Quality Assurance and Expertise
All simultaneous interpreters working in AventA Translation Company are highly-skilled language specialists with years of experience gained at official events. At you request, we can provide you CV’s of our interpreters.
To learn what our customers say about our simultaneous interpreters please read the testimonials on Customer References page.
Simultaneous interpretation requires considerable preparation from both the interpreters and the project manager. So please make sure you allow enough time and apply for simultaneous interpretation at least one week prior to the planned event.