Professional technical translation is only possible if:
- the company employs properly educated and proficient translators;
- the translator does the test translation which is then evaluated by the customer;
- the company has a friendly team of professional translators;
- all orders are thoroughly discussed with the customer and the team;
- the customer clearly explains his/her needs as for the translation quality and sets exact deadlines.
Technical aspects of translation include:
- preparing the text for translation (segmentation, text format converting);
- consulting with linguists, specialists and experts;
- implementing advanced translation technologies.
AventA Translation Company will do technical text translation:
- instruction books;
- operating manuals;
- maintenance guides;
- equipment specifications;
- product catalogues, booklets, websites;
- drawings, diagrams;
- patent documentation.
The basic principles of technical translation include:
- clear information presentation;
- using specific grammar forms;
- terminology accuracy.
Technical translation is only done well if the translator:
- is familiar with the translation subjects;
- knows the language of the source;
- uses references and glossaries.
In addition, the translator has to be a confident translation software user, be perfectly clear and perspicuous, able to translate a great number of characters of the source document within a short period of time without loss of quality.
It is highly recommended to interact with the customer at all translation stages to ensure a good technical translation.